Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Long overdue update



Hey Blog, I know we haven't talked much lately. So I'm here to give you an Update! See I've been up to a lot of stuff and sitting down and writing about it took more time that just posting a new pic to the new MAD ARTISAN LABS Facebook page. Which you should sooo totally "Like" and then you can see updates on what I'm doing pretty much as they happen.

ANYWAYS...
 
Where Should I kick things off? oh yeah, I have a Job now. yep. I'm employed by the Lake Elsinore Unified School District as an AVID Tutor. Whee! I never thought I'd be back at my old High School ever again, much less actually working there...audible sigh. But its a pretty sweet deal, the kids I work with are that rare breed of "not-completely-evil" Teenagers, and it pays pretty nice.

Anywho Arty-Stuffs after the Jump!



So first things first, I finished up The most Epic of Epic Plush Projects evar, personally I'm pretty sure this one outshines Smacktonamor, The Large.

I present Shindig, the Ultimate Piñata:
Ok so I also came up with these new Super Cute "Happy Candy" the first two live inside Shindig's nifty zippered storage compartment to help him keep his shape. (now I don't know if you can tell but Shindig is rather Large, about the same size as a larger Real Piñata. I'll probably do another post in the next couple days documenting the whole process from concept sketch to finished uberplush because there was soo much work in this guy. He was a Long-overdue(nearly a year late because well it was hard to figure out how to pull this off, and because I just couldn't dedicate enough solid time to him until after I graduated) Birthday Gift for my very good friend Jennifer and he now resides in her "private collection." Jen makes super cute stuff and you should check out her team's blog Green Peas Creations (She's "Sora") and her Etsy Store SandBoxTreasures

Ok, so after I finished my Plush Masterwork I went to town on some more awesome Plush-tastic stuff, I don't have pics yet of like 2-3 of them so those will have to wait but for now I can show off my first two in a series of "Birdy-things" They're definitely "bird-like" what kind of bird... I have no idea.

This First one was a "workup" on the concept, because I had no idea what I was going to do when I accepted my Buddy Tony's proposal for a commission of "Somethings Bird like, but that is a Thermonuclear Explosion of cute" (that was after I suggested that term, as he struggled for the words to explain what he wanted)
Soo after I got that little dude done, I set to work on the actually commission:


And with that I conclude, for now, my Plush-tastic update.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

So I totally got my digital illustration groove back around the time I got to working on Ze Mighty Shindig, and I started up a series of Animal Illustrations based on Photos I take at the San Diego Zoo. I'm producing a "naturalistic" version and an Alternate version that involves strange pop-culture objects. These are all, naturally, destined to be T-shirts.

Red Panda:
 
The more "Mad Science" version is at the start of this post.

Giant Panda Noming:

Giant Panda Blowin a Vuvuzela:
I don't know why, but it totally works.

Ok so I also did some more resin work and stuff, but I think that's enough for one Blog Post, and also that project isn't quite done yet, so I suppose that particular project can have its own update.

-Mad Artisan

No comments:

Post a Comment