Saturday, February 6, 2010

whew, its been a while

Finally updating this, been meaning to, just been busy.

anywho Life's been kinda crazy Senior Ex is daunting, not because of what I'm working on for it, but because of what's Not being worked on for it. I'd explain better but there's no point its just frustrating.

I finished 3 more VooDoo guys since the last time I posted, so here they are:
 
^my camera gave me soo much trouble with this last one, I have no idea why


and just for kicks a group Pic of all 6 of the Voodoo dudes:



Also I've been going to town on my next project for Advanced Sculpture, and its a doozy.

The Assignment was to "Do the Impossible, and try to complete it anyway"
So what did I decide to do? Oh... just
MAKE MY OWN DISNEYLAND-ESQUE DARK RIDE
Based on my own characters, naturally.
Ya know, just a little project.

Yeah, so... I made myself a rough breakdown of the kind of things I have to figure out just to get started:
* A storyline/Scene breakdown
*Characters involved
*Ride system
*Entry/exit que theme
*Ride Map
^That's just what I have to do to even get moving forward on rough concept designs and a model, Naturally there's no way I'll actually be able to complete a workable ride within the time line of the assignment, but that's the point, and I'm going to try and get as far as I can go. I mean, to do this completely not only would I have to figure all that stuff out, but I'd also have to do a lot of complex engineering plans, develop animatronics, develop ride effects, have my composer record a soundtrack and hundreds of other things, does that stop me from wanting to actually make this a reality now? Hell no.

Because now I'm totally fascinated by the idea of a fictional theme park that exists in no single place but instead is made up of a series of In-Gallery Installation Art pieces(that are essentially theme park attractions). So like you'd go to a museum/gallery to see a Exhibition, and you'd get to go on a ride instead. I can't think of a better method for an artist to control how an audience experiences their work.

Consequently, pushing this project would greatly help in developing a really nice looking portfolio for when I try to land a gig at Disney Imagineering... right?

anywho I'll make another post tomorrow on my story concept and whatnot. Whee!

-MadArtisan

No comments:

Post a Comment