Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Amass Media

This is my open call to all my Video-minded Comrades in Arts and the interwebs. I'm working on a video project right now that requires Collaborators/contributors.

The Amass Media project is a critique/study of Mass Media , (i.e. television, internet, advertising, shows, news ect...) That will use a collection of New Videos that  are “a reaction to” or “Critique of” Mass Media.

A wide collection of Video Art falls in to this field including works like Dara Birnbaum's Technology Transformation, Ant Farm's Media Burn, and Richard Serra's Television Delivers people, or in a modern sense you can look at Auto-tune the News. I'll add links to them at the end of this post.

What I'm looking for are short 30 second to 1 and a half min long videos that are your personal reaction to Mass Media.

I personally plan on producing a minimum of 5+ different style videos(in addition to using a couple I've already made) for this on my own so that even if I don't receive many submissions I can get the feeling I'm aiming for, but I'm hoping to get videos from as many people as possible.

I intend to compile the videos I receive together into a single final Video that I'm turning in for my final project for my Video History and Critique class, and I'll also post it to the internet.

all contributors will be credited as Collaborators on the final work, and I'll do something to produce a digital public Archive the individual Videos as well. This is an Open Call for ideas, if you have any friends you think would enjoy contributing to this, Feel Free to Share!

The Thing is If you'd like to submit a video to this, I will need it by May 28th at the latest. I'm only looking for short submissions so I'm hoping that will make it something you guys are able to do in such short notice.

In terms of how to submit your video if it's small enough you can E-mail it to N8@madartisanlabs.com or  people I see on a regular basis, can give me it as a digital file in person. If you want to post it to youtube or something I don't currently have a decent way to download it and convert it into something I can edit.


-Nate

Links:

Technology Transformation: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4y5e5_dara-birnbaum-technologytransformat_shortfilms

Media Burn: http://www.ubu.com/film/ant_farm_media.html

Television Delivers People: http://www.ubu.com/film/serra_television.html

Auto-tune the news: http://www.youtube.com/show/autotunethenews?s=1

No comments:

Post a Comment