Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Not quite Singin' in the Rain

ya know its ironic that I last posted about how wonderfully pleasant and warm the typical Californian December was. Considering that not long after it started raining... and its been rainging for just about a week. (albeit its supposed to clear up tomorrow...and start again right after Christmas, whee.)

Now, I do enjoy the occasional rain its a nice change and all kinds of good stuff, but its rather hindering out here. particularly since it leads to pretty much everyone driving the speed of smell, and its left me being a bit of a shut-in. Particularly with the flooding that happens on the main roads out of my suburban housing area. Hell even the mailman is taking his time in this weather... our mail didn't come until after 4 pm. Which was particularly disappointing because that is how long I had to wait to see the Saddest paycheck I have yet received from LEUSD since I started working for them. Those factors coupled with an ear infection (and turns out some crazy bad earwax buildup) leaving me rather deaf-ish had put me in quite the grumpy mood. Fortunately I bought this awesome earwax remover and ear cleaner kit and it fixed me right up. Now I totally have like super hearing and its great.



To combat my cabin fever I've picked up an obsession with of all things Cuponk. Yes, THAT Cuponk.

The "game" that is totally just those super hard cheap ping-pong balls and a cup that lights up and makes sounds.

And it is one of the most ridiculously entertaining things I've purchased in months. I really enjoy making up random stupid trick shots, setting up crazy obstacles. And all of us sucking horribly. In fact its so much fun I'm planning on giving it out as a gift more than once this holiday season.

In plush-tastic news I've picked up some more new fabric. I got a ton of fleece remnants from JoAnn's this week since its all 75% off, and I ordered some awesome Monster Fur from a Seller on Etsy:



I have a whole bunch of plans for this stuff! Including some new zippermouth Nomsters which I'll post when they're finished.

Speaking of unfinished things... I've discovered that I can't use my video editing software for a while longer... my dad took the final cut suite stuff (including the codes...sigh) to school. So I suppose it will be almost a month after my trip to D-land before I can post the videos from the Pimp5 Guys Broventure.

Anywho, I'm going to get some sleep before I get finished with these new little Nomsters, which I need to have done before my mom's side of the family gets together for Christmas tomorrow afternoon. I suppose that's enough for now.

-MadArtisan

No comments:

Post a Comment