Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I have built a Rhinoceros and am ready to do some voodoo

I've nicknamed it crash:



You may notice that his noggin doesn't match the one from last week's liveblog, well that's because it isn't, i screwed up the eyes on that one and had to make a new one, fortunately I had enough fabric to do so, also it let me make a better, more accurate representation of a Rhino's horn.

In additional plush news, I have besides my Cavalcade of Chunks that are in progress, I have inspiration for a new series of Plushies. Like I'd mentioned last week, Princess and the Frog was excellent, and my favorite character was Dr. Facilier.

A few of my friends have brought to my attention that the Voodoo dolls in the film (which during the friends on the other side song Dance/Play drums, and are very bright colors) reminded them of my plushies. Well, that quickly inspired me to design up A Voodoo series. Yes, I'll be making some psychedelically wacky Voodoo dolls soon. Naturally, they'll still be in my style, but a lot more loose in design; exposed stitches and mismatched color limbs and all that jazz. Now, from a technical standpoint I won't be sewing any less cleanly, I'll just add aesthetic "stitches" over seams n' such using some needlework heavy thread and the like. which I picked a little up during my last trip to Michale's:



Is it sad that every time I think of the word Voodoo, I hear the opening lines of David Bowie's "Magic Dance" from Labyrinth?  


You remind me of the Babe
What babe?
The Babe with the power
what Power
The of Voodoo
Who do?
You do
Do what?
Remind me of the babe...

I am such a dork.

Right, so that about covers that. I still need to finish updating my websites and start uploading crap to Deviant Art, my DA page is really behind on things... sigh.

On a lighter note, I'm doing family Christmas with the bulk of my family today. And Family, delicious food, and presents are always a good way to take one's mind off lackluster performances.

-Mad Artisan

No comments:

Post a Comment