Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"INK" messenger Bag Concept

I've spent quite some time bouncing ideas around my brain for like 2-3 messenger bags, each filling specific niches that your average on the market Messenger bag don't work so well for.

Thus, I present the first of said bag designs:

 The "INK" bag is rather large and designed specifically for the storage and easy transport of Ink/Wash Supplies, and up to mid-size drawing pads/canvas boards/watercolor blocks. That's the reason for the large size, the interior has only the single large pocket currently in mind, with maybe a single divider if anything. That's also because of the high number of pockets on the inside front.

I'm hoping to actually sit down and try to prototype this out this week, I just need to go to an REI to pick up the larger width webbing and strap adjusters/mounts (because very few Jo-Ann's actually carry 2in Webbing n such, and it should be cheaper at REI anyway) I already have the fabric that I'll be using for the prototype and hopefully the final version as well, which is this tough Vinyl/Canvas material I found of all places, at Wall Mart. The Water bottle pouch will most likely be made from either spandex or neoprene, I have both handy. Either way, I'm stoked.

I should not that this design comes with both kinds of ink I work with in mind. See, I either use India ink and Windsor-Newton colored drawing inks and do wash and nib based work, or I use Graffiti Mops and Chemical or Alcohol-based inks like Witches Brew and Oink Ink although, I'm usually using them to draw rather than do typical Graffiti-styled art.

-Mad Artisan

No comments:

Post a Comment