Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Quarter's over, Jury Duty failure, and Princess and The Frog was excellent

Hey there everyone out there on the Timmy...I mean Internet. I can has a lot of stuff to post updates about. many new plushies on the table, Sculptures from two classes and a video assignment n such. Consequently, I've discovered that I have lot more time to do so now, considering the cavalcade of fail that has been the Riverside County Court System's attempt to give me Jury Service this week. See, my summons came up around October, right smack in the middle of classes. Naturally I postponed it to my first week of vacation. Well along with my card telling me that I'd need to call in over the weekend before to find out when/if I'd be needed. The system told me to call again on Monday, I did...same thing call in on Tuesday. According to the call yesterday, because today is the third Wednesday of the month, no one can serve... then it said call Thursday. So yeah. I've spent this entire week wondering if I'll have to go in at all... with the inability to make my plans to do anything other than "by the day" which is no fun. On an upside, I've had a decent amount of time to work on plush stuff, which is always a good thing.

Now, I doubt I'll be doing all that updating on this single blog post Thus I'll post my pics from Sculpture sometime later this week, and I'll be livebloggin my plush progress in another post today, I'm pulling out the sewing machine and going to town on monstercrafting.

In other news, I saw Disney's new 2d Animated marvel The Princess and The Frog, and I thoroughly Enjoyed it. I look forward to seeing it again. I won't go in to much detail, but the long and short of it is this: it was well made, the Villain is AWESOME, songs were fun and mostly memorable, and it kinda has a bit of pixar's fingerprints on it, when I say that I mean in terms of sense of humor/visual gags more than anything else. A good example of this is at the end of the Musical sequence for the song "almost there" watch for it.



Like I was saying The Villain Doctor Facilier AKA The Shadow Man is Awesome. A lot of that is owed to the voice acting of Keith David who is perfect in the role. What's fun about the character is that while manipulative and scheming, its rather clear that he in fact fears his "friends" on the other side, driven by desperation and self preservation perhaps more than he is by greed, which for the slightest moment, makes him a sympathetic character. Also his song is really really cool.  Disney Posted this rad video about him on their animation page on Facebook, check it out

Anywho, I'll be live Plushbloggin Today. So Stay Tuned folks.

-MadArtisan

No comments:

Post a Comment