Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Plushwatch 2009 (Liveblog Wed Dec 16)

10:37 A.M. Gonna take another shot at this glorious Livebloging thing again and well, I guess I should kick this off with an update of plushies I've yet to post on here but finished before today so let's go:

Turtlebug:
From the start the Turtlebug was a challenge: check out the shell itself:





Here's the fist of many penguins I've been working on:



Next I have a more nonsensical Critter ... its unnamed for now:





12:27 PM taking a break to eat some lunch... I'm nearly finished with a hand-stitched Mutant Penguin, a commission gig, same colors as the wee penguin I posted above. Here's concept art I did for it a couple months ago, back when the commissioner first asked about it... His payment is "on its way" unfortunately its not here yet.
1:19 PM Mutant Penguin is done XD


2:57 PM: Been Cutting out patterns to make a few more Pyramidsaurs Akin to the Muhwunk Brothers I made a few years ago :
The next step is to do the spike ridges for them, and pick out socks to make limbs/mouths. along with all this I have another penguin to finish putting together. It uses a very different color palette than the other two. Consequently, all this cutting, stitching and the like is starting to make my wrist hurt oh well, its worth it in the long run. Also, my mother has commissioned a Rhinoceros in the style of the Toe-Sock Lion I made last month, I'll post progress pics soon.

4:23 PM Parts Measured and Cut for  most of the Pyramidsaurs, and I'm getting the Rhinoceros ready too, just about time to go to town on my Sewing machine. Of course, I have made plans for tomorrow that involve a trip to the San Diego Wild Animal Park, and I forgot that said plans involve me being picked up the the friend I'm going with. Hence, I may put my plushing operations to a stop early tonight, as I have to have this place a little cleaner when she comes by.

6:17 PM The Rhino is ready to be put together, as is the last penguin and the 5 new Pyramidsaurs, which means I'm gonna have  plenty of plushies to finish off in the next day or so. If I finish any more of them tonight, expect an additional update.

8:22 PM pouring in Stuffing Pellets into my final penguin, then i kick off Sewing together the Rhino. I've concluded my wrist pains originate from my some 3+ hours of intense ping-pong I played with my buddy Tony more than the sewing today.

9:05 PM Ok, I was on Fire today,  second penguin done. That puts me at two completed plush and 6 prepared for today. That, I must say, is schweet.



9:19 PM Already started in on the Rhino, hopefully will have the head finished before I go to bed tonight if I do, I'll post another pic.

10:17 Got Caught up watching TV while I worked so went a little slow but here's the Rhino's head

 

All in All I think this was a pretty successful day o plushcrafting. nearly 12 solid hours of creative production ain't to shabby to get out of one day, time to call it a night.

-MadArtisan

No comments:

Post a Comment